Mental Bubble Bath

One day, I had one free morning to do anything I wanted in Kuala Lumpur before heading over to a friend's house in Bangsar in the afternoon. I walked by thinking, "What shall I do after a nice breakfast?". Then I thought, why not try to go to the Kuala Lumpur Library and see what they have. I have just registered as a member last October after some travelling friends plans to go there. Yes, it always takes someone outside to appreciate the local little gems. Well, come to think about it, I never been to Sunway Lagoon before, or up to the Petronas Twin Tower but maybe that is a different case compared to visiting a local library, but hey - all in good time perhaps.

So I went to the library and asked the librarian kindly for it's informational pamphlet and to my pleasant surprise, found out that they have a Children's Library! One separate building just for that! The little kid in me was overjoyed and skipped happily towards the building and made a shy entrance once realising that she is the only kid-in-an-adult's-body going there alone. There were a couple few adults and their little friends on the other little reading tables but that doesn't deter me from looking for hidden treasures in there by myself. And lo and behold, upon arriving on my first shelf, I already took 3 books in my arms and there's obviously more shelves to go through!

I gotta say, it is a good sign when you found out that there are children's books about Tolstoy, Kant and Hume translated in Malay! There are also lots of books that have wonderful illustrations to get inspired by. That beats going to art exhibition sometimes, hehe. Can't wait to have some of the good books I found there to get for Pustaka Semesta. It will be awesome to have a small children's book corner there someday (^_^)

Here is what I borrowed from the children's library (Members are allowed to borrow 3 books and a CD. Membership registration is only RM16 and yearly renewal is RM10).



This one wasn't from the children's library, but from their adult's section. I saw this in the trolley after using the Internet. Can't help myself but pick it up :P


So why wait any longer? Go ahead and check your local library and the Kuala Lumpur Library. The Kuala Lumpur Library is just next to Dataran Merdeka, near the tall Malaysian flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to Top