A Visit From An Old Friend (Again)

Someone from an online forum put it in words very well. I'm not going to write so much about it because I'm still figuring *it* out myself. I hope the link works so you could see the gist of it, at least (^_^)

Link <3

However, there is this movie that I always watch whenever I feel this way, either to relax, to find clues or inspirations and sometimes, even to cry. And no, it's not even a sad movie...it is just because it speaks out so much for me. It's called Majo no Takkyuubin or Kiki's Delivery Service in the English version. Here's one of the reasons why I love it so much:

********************************************************************************************************************
(Kiki is a young girl who is a practicing witch and she just lost her capabilities to fly on her broom. She's having a break (also from something similar to an artist/writer/creative block) from working at her friend's bakery shop as well as her delivery service to hang out with her artist friend, Ursula).

Ursula   : "Painting and magical powers seem very much the same. Sometimes I'm unable to paint a thing."
Kiki      : "You mean it? Then what? What happens?"...."Without even thinking about it, I used to be able to fly. Now I'm trying to look inside myself to find out how I did it. But I just can't figure it out."
Ursula   : "You know, could be you're working at it too hard. Maybe you should just take a break."
Kiki:     : "Yeah, but still, if I can't fly..."
Ursula   : "Then stop trying. Take long walks. Look at the scenery. Doze off at noon. Don't even think about flying. And then, pretty soon, you'll be flying again."
Kiki      : "You think my problems will..."
Ursula   : "Go away? That's right. It's gonna be fine. I promise."...."When I was your age, I'd already decided to become an artist. I loved to paint so much, I'd paint all day until I fell asleep right at my easel. And then one day, for some reason, I just couldn't paint anymore. I tried and tried, but nothing I did seemed any good. They were copies of paintings I'd seen somewhere before and not very good copies either. I just felt like I'd lost my ability."
Kiki      : "That sounds like me."
Ursula   : "It's exactly the same, but then I found the answer. You see, I hadn't figured out what or why I wanted to paint. I had to discover my own style."...."When you fly, you rely on what's inside of you, don't you?"
Kiki      : "Uh-huh. We fly with our spirit."
Ursula   : "Trusting your spirit! Yes, yes! That's exactly what I'm talking about. That same spirit is what makes me paint and makes your friend bake. But we each need to find our own inspiration, Kiki. Sometimes it's not easy."
Kiki      : "I guess I never gave much thought to why I wanted to do this. I got so caught up in all the training and stuff. Maybe I have to find my own inspiration. But am I ever gonna find it? And is it worth all the trouble?"
Ursula   : "Well, for example, there were quite a few times when I thought of painting something over that painting..."
Kiki      : "But it ended up being so great!"
Ursula   : "So I guess it's worth it."
Kiki      : "So you really think I'll fly again?"
Ursula   : "Sure. You'll just have to wait for the right inspiration to come along..."

********************************************************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to Top